After a bit of hiatus from this project (caused by the fact that a mistake frustrated me so badly), I have returned. 😀 I knocked this one out a few weeks ago.
Since I detest paperpiecing and didn’t want to take the time to hand sew, I tried something else. Using the templates I had printed which did not include seam allowances, I used double-stick Scotch tape to adhere them to the wrong side of the fabric before cutting; I held the fabric up to the light to see where things fell so that I could fussy cut the larger green triangles. (I do have a wonderful lightbox, but it’s at home, and this is a lunchtime workplace project. 😉 ) Then I just cut out from the fabric an extra 1/4″ all the way around, and sewed right up against the paper’s edges. Not completely perfect, but at least my points are intact. ;-p I may try this method again.
The idea was born out of my mishap, referenced above. I had hurriedly cut out all my templates to take with me to Florida along with a few fat quarters. On a quiet evening there, I discovered that template AND fabric had all been sliced with NO seam allowances. The fabric was lost, but I didn’t want to waste my templates, so adapted them to the method above.
And here are the six I have completed to date. Only 104 to go…
Oooohhh…I’m so dreading doing the lower right block by hand. :::sticking head in sand:::
Well done, Ms. April! Love the fussy cut flowers.
Thankies! It would have been better had I not rushed it, but I just fell like cranking it out and moving on. ;-p
Oh that lower right one is NASTY! And it was the first one I did! 😮
The Modern Home Economist said:
Looks like you are off to a great start. The squares are beautiful!
Oh thank you so much!
Have a lovely weekend… 🙂